Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mama's New Pull Toy!!!



I've been thinking about getting a little trailer for my Sonata for a couple of months. I like to haul things....like manure, hay (for garden mulch), potting soil, the occasional sheet of plywood and yard waste from my neighbors. Yes, I steal people's garbage but only if it's bagged leaves or grass clippings. They combine to make great compost, especially when I combine them with shredded newspaper, coffee grounds from Starbucks and the manure from a nearby horse barn.
Most of the time I call my lovely daughter, Carley, for a car swap. I take the truck, she drives my car. For the most part I don't think she minds and she's never been anything but accomodating. Still, with both of our schedules and lives being as busy as they are, sometimes the swap times are just a pain in the patootie.
So today, I got my trailer, or my Pull Toy as my husband described it. I have a hitch on my Sonata that should discourage anyone from rear ending me. I mean, it extends a good six inches and an extention raises the ball up a bit. Hhhhmmmmm.....anyway, another car will get hurt if it bumps into me. A truck would just laugh and plow through!!
As you can see from the pictures, I hauled plywood today. That wood will be used to create a solid floor on said trailer as well as solid sides and gate. It's just not good manners to track manure over public roads. I will paint it black to match my car and I will love it and pat and feed it and it will have a wonderful life with me.....so much manure, so little time!!!

No comments: