Friday, August 29, 2008

Faye, Faye, Go Away....part 2

Yes, I know Faye is mostly gone. She's traveled her way north and we are slowing drying out except for our normal afternoon thunder bumpers. Her effects are still here though. The St. John's River (one of the only rivers in North America that flows north) is still cresting. The communites along the river and it's associated lakes are flooding. It's a mess.

But I have some good memories of Faye too. Yes, I did the walking thing and admired the prodigious amounts of moisture that continually bombarded my neighborhood (final score, 18 inches in 4 days!) Even better, I got to do my very favorite and dreamed of storm activities this time.

I washed my hair in rainwater AS IT WAS RAINGING. That's how hard the water came down....I even got all the soap out of my hair and it felt SO soft.

AND, I washed my car in the downpour. That's right folks, I soaped her up, scrubbed her down and let Mother Nature rinse her off. For this Earth Mama, I loved the fact that I didn't have to turn on the hose!!!

Now, our attention is on Gustav and Hanna. I wonder what's in store?

1 comment:

E said...

I would have loved to have seen you showering in the rain!