Thursday, August 21, 2008

Faye, Faye, Go Away!!!

Okay. I love a good storm. I was raised walking in hurricanes and it's a special connection I have with my Mom. I love the feel of wind through my hair and on my face and the fresh rainwater dripping thick enough to drink. My feet naturally hunt for puddles and my "little girl" has a blast.

But Faye has pushed even MY love for rough weather to the brink.

I mean, hurricanes are supposed to blow through the area in about a day or so. The wind blows, roofs get damaged, rain falls, limbs break off,.... you know, standard stuff. After the storm is gone, you clean up. Simple, right?

Faye didn't read the rules. She has been hanging out in Central Florida for FOUR FRIGGING DAYS!!!!! I mean, enough is enough already. My rain gauge (an empty straight sided bucket) tells me we've gotten 16 inches of rain already with 6 more expected tonight. And we haven't even had the worst of it. Parts of Melbourne (southeast of us) has had 26 inches of rain. People have water up to their waist there.

By the way, my hens have grown webbed feet.

1 comment:

E said...

This is good for the wife of an insurance adjuster though, right? I must say I would love some rain. When we had Annie and Alex last week it was the perfect rain storm to go walk in..too bad we had 5 kids and I am not brave enough to take some one else kids out in a rain storm...sigh!