Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rabbit Poo

I hit the Jackpot!!! No, not the Lottery, though I would love to win that too. No, THIS Jackpot is a little more down to earth. I found....a source....of RABBIT POOP!

Ah, rabbit poop...the ultimate in organic gardening fertilizer. High in nitrogen (part of what makes plants green) but not "hot." You can put those wonderful little pellets right next to your plants and it doesn't burn the plants at all. And PELLETS!!! It's like nature pre-packaged those little buggers just for us dirt bums. They are light weight (no more hauling tons of horse hockey) and the earthworms love them too.

So like I said, I not only found a source of rabbit poo, I found a SOURCE. This woman has 300 of the furry little poopers going at it all day and night. I filled my trailer and maybe cleaned a tenth of the area she had "under bunny." So next time I may even gather enough to cover my lawn with an inch or so...no smell, no clumping so why not? I may have the greenest weeds on the block!

1 comment:

E said...

I can send you some free poop:) I have TONS of it and I am sure mother earth would appreciate it not ending up in landfills and I will make the deal even sweeter its FREE!!!