Sunday, April 3, 2011

No Sleep Again

When my babies were little, I remembering wishing they would just sleep through the night and looked forward to the time when 2,4 and 6 am feedings were just a (sweet) memory. Then I got old. Now, there are nights I simply do not sleep. No real reason. My eyes just slam open when I lay my head on the pillow. So I get up, read a boring book, look at Craigslist, (write in my blog) or find a movie that I might be able to fall asleep to. The point is, there IS not point in getting upset about it. Will I be tired in the morning? Yes. Will I function at my best? No. But will worrying about it change a thing? Absolutely not. In fact, worrying about insomnia is, get ready for it.....a CAUSE of insomnia!!! So I keep a supply of 5 Hour Energy drinks in the cupboard for the days I have to go to work. I do the best I can to forget I didn't sleep and I look forward to a GREAT night's sleep at that day's end! Oh, by the way, being the only one awake in the house has it's perks. No one fights you for the computer or the TV controller. And, if you get real quiet and just BE, the early morning hours are the best times for feeling and hearing God!

No comments: